1. Please say something about your hometown
a) The people in your hometown
b) The environment of your hometown
c) The specialties of your hometown
My hometown is
is a beautiful city. There are about 5 million people in the city. There are many modern, FDI, joint venture and high tech enterprises in the city.
situated in the Liaodong peninsula, facing the
. Its environment is very beautiful. Its climate around the year is suitable and comfortable for living. The sky is blue and the sea is clear.
is also a famous tourist city. There are many famous tourist spots attracting many tourists every year.
is coastal city and famous for its sea food.
2. Please say something about yourself
a）Your name, age, rank, working experiences, hobbies
b）Your daily work
c）Your spare time activities
My name is Wang Da-wei. I am 26 years old. I am a 3rdofficer. I have five-year experiences on board ship. I have been a 3rdofficer for three years. I am interesting in playing football. I am not good at it but I like to play it. I also enjoy watching football game. It makes me exciting. My hobby is collecting stamps. I can learn much culture, history knowledge from it. I graduated from DMU with a bachelor’s degree.
My daily work includes watching- keeping, maintaining fire fighting and life saving equipment in good working order and ready for immediate use, as well as implementing the drills accordingly
In my spare time I usually read books and listen to music.
3. Say something about your family
a) Members of your family
b) Their occupations
c) Their hobbies and characteristics
My family is a happy family. There are three people in my family, my wife, a lovely son and I. My wife is a teacher in a middle school. My son is a pupil in a primary school. He is in grade two class three. He is very clever boy.
My wife likes her work very much. In her spare time she reading books or listens to music. My son enjoy playing piano after finishing his home works
4. The favorite port you have called at
a) A simple introduction of the port
b) Reasons why you like it
c) Anything special about it
I have called at many famous ports around the world.
port is my favorite port I have called at. It is a modernized port. There are many modernized port facilities, including deep water berths and cargo loading and unloading equipments. It can accept various large and ultra large vessels.
With the fast pace of development and various special terminal for oil tanker, container vessel, bulk carriers, as well as the special geographic position, Dalian port will surely become the most important port in the northeast of China and the hub of multi-model transportation for north east Euro Asia region.
5. Please say something about your responsibilities on board
a) Your position on board
b) Your daily work on board
c) Your duties on board
I work in the deck department. I am a third officer.
My main daily work is watch keeping, including fixing vessel’s position, keeping the vessel on the intended track, avoiding collision maneuvering, monitoring cargo handling, etc.
I am responsible for maintaining the fire-fighting and life saving appliances in good condition and ready for imminent use.
I am also responsible for maintaining signaling apparatus in good order.
1. What is your date of birth?
• My date of birth is the 9th of April 1980
2. What is your seaman’s book number?
• My seaman’s book number is B394325
3. Where are you from?
• I am from
4. What is your captain’s nationality?
• My captain’s nationality is
5. What do you think is most important thing on board?
• Safety is the most important thing on board.
6. Which port do you often call at?
• I often call at
7. What is your favorite TV program?
• My favorite TV program is news probe.
8. What is your favorite Web site?
• My favorite Web site is CCTV.com
9. What is your favorite day of the week? Why?
• My favorite day of the week is Monday. Because it is the beginning of the week.
10. What is your favorite kind of movie?
• My favorite movie is comedy.
11. What is your favorite kind of music?
• My favorite music is light music.
12. What is your favorite kind of magazine?
• My favorite magazine is READERS.
13. What is the population of your home town?
• The population of my home town is five million.
14. What is the population of your country?
• The population of my country is1.3 billion.
15. What is the best thing about your hometown?
• The best thing about my hometown is the weather. It is not hotter in summer and not colder in winter.
16. What is the worst thing about your hometown?
• The worst thing is the urban traffic which always causes traffic jam during rush hours.
17. What is your home town like?
• My home town is a beautiful and clean city
18. Do you have any disasters in your country which are caused by weather?
• Yes, there are many disasters which are caused by weather in your country, such as flooding, typhoon etc.
19. What sport do you like to watch on TV?
• I like to watch football games on TV.
20. What do you think is most popular sport in the world?
• I think the most popular sport in the world is football.